THINGS TO DO AND SEE ON THE VIA DE LA PLATA
There are many things to do and see on the Via de la Plata Camino route, these are some of our top picks:
- Experience the music and dance of Andalucia
- Step back in time at the Roman amphitheatre in Merida
- Chill at Ourense’s open air thermal baths
- Enjoy the peace of this tranquil and sometimes remote Camino route
- Admire the culture and history of Salamanca
- Explore the wonderful UNESCO listed Old Town in Santiago de Compostela
Find more travel inspiration, tips and advice for your Camino de Santiago trip on our TRAVEL BLOG.
VIA DE LA PLATA TOURS
At JWT we currently have self guided tours available on the Via de la Plata from Ourense, which can be completed in a week.
If you would like to start your Camino de Santiago journey from further afield on the Via de la Plata, our team will create a tailor-made itinerary, perfect for you.
Pilgrims looking to complete the full Via de la Plata Camino route from Seville for instance have an epic journey of 1000kms ahead, which can be challenging for its high temperatures (not recommended in the Summer months) and remoteness in some of its stages, particularly in the Extremadura region.
Let us know about your Camino plans and how our expert travel team can help!
Fill in this form to let us know the Camino you have in mind and request a call back or an email with travel suggestions. Sign up to the JWT newsletter to be the first one to receive tips, special offers and information about new tours by email.