Camino de Santiago for Schools
In order to receive your Pilgrim Certificate in Santiago de Compostela, the group should walk at least the last 100kms of one of the Camino routes, which takes approximately a week, stamping their pilgrim passport along the way. However, we can also organise a shorter 4-night Camino de Santiago break to get a taste for these unique trails.
The Camino de Santiago is one of our most popular school trips and a fantastic experience for Transition Year students. Whether you pick the traditional Camino Frances, the Camino Portugues or an off the beaten track route, the Camino journey will be a truly memorable one for students.
For more information about our Camino de Santiago for Schools options or advice planning your school tour to Spain, contact our travel experts.
Some of the highlights of our Camino de Santiago for Schools tours:
- Walk ancient tracks across Galicia’s countryside
- Meet pilgrims from all over the world
- Taste Galician octopus and other delicacies
- Stay in lovely towns and villages along the way
- Stamp your pilgrim passport and get your Pilgrim Certificate
- Explore historic Santiago de Compostela
- Practice your language skills
HOW WE CAN HELP
Our tours can be adapted to your teaching needs and requirements. Here’s how we can help:
- Flexible packages: from short breaks to longer stays
- Support from local representatives and/or guides
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Choice of hostel or hotel accommodation
- Full board or half board options
- Activities and cultural tours such as a day trip to Fisterra and a guided tour of Santiago de Compostela
- Comprehensive travel insurance for the group
Our Camino de Santiago for Schools tours are guided by our knowledgeable local English speaking guides who will meet the group at the airport and support you every step of the way.
You can see all our Camino de Santiago routes on our dedicated page: JWT Camino.
Contact JWT Schools
From your classroom to the world! Talk to the JWT Schools travel experts for school tours ideas, advice and to start planning a memorable school trip that is both engaging and educational.
Sign up to the JWT Travel newsletter to be the first one to receive new tour releases, the latest articles, travel advice and news by email.