How we collect information
You can browse our websites without sharing any specific personal details or information; however, in order to request or purchase our travel products and services you may voluntarily provide certain personal details, referred to as ‘Personal Information’.
This Personal Information includes details you voluntarily provide us with, such as:
- Contact information such as name, phone number, email, postal address, passport number, driver’s licence, etc.
- Financial information such as credit card and/or other payment details
- Travel preferences or information related to your travel requests such as seat selection, special requirements, booking history, interests, frequent flyer, car rental program information, etc.
When you provide us with your Personal Information, you are giving us consent to collect that information in order to manage and store it on our servers, with the purpose of fulfilling your requests.
How we use your personal information
The personal information you provide us with is used for the following:
- To provide you with the information and/or services you have requested
- To confirm your booking details and provide you with any relevant updates
- To manage your account, which is linked to your booking and/or tour request
- To communicate with you in general; and respond to comments and questions
- If you have subscribed to our newsletter, you will receive communication related to new products and services, special offers and other related information we might consider useful. You can unsubscribe at any time, either following the instructions included in each newsletter or by letting us know by email
- To customise your experience with JWT Sports
- To request further information such as details required ahead of your trip, after-travel feedback, etc…
- To resolve any dispute that may arise
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files placed on your computer or device by websites in order to add functionality. A cookie can be used to identify a user’s computer or device to the website and/or other third party websites. Cookies allow websites to improve the way they work, such as remembering preferences or tracking a user’s use of a website for statistical analysis.
What kind of cookies do we use on this site?
Strictly necessary cookies:
They are placed on your browser to ensure that our website delivers information securely and optimally. You must accept these cookies to be able to use the site.
Analytical / Performance cookies:
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors, as well as seeing how visitors move around our website. They help us improve how our website works, making it easier for users to navigate for instance.
They are not essential but they enhance your use of our website as they recognise you when you return to our website.
They record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed so we can use this information to make our website more relevant to you.
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in your browser settings and block all cookies. For further information about how to turn off cookie acceptance please refer to the “Help” function in your browser. However, please note that disabling cookies may prevent the website from functioning properly.
As a company, we may aggregate data in an anonymous manner for statistical purposes only and personally identifiable information won’t be disclosed under any circumstances.
How we store and protect your data
At Petriva Ltd T/A JWT Sports we only retain data that is required for the delivery of our products and services, as per contractual duties. Data is reviewed frequently and will not be retained for longer than necessary.
We take every reasonable precaution to protect all information collected, which is stored in a secure manner.
Information shared over the phone, email or booking forms is held in our back-office application, in a modern, secure, relational database.
Data obtained from our websites is collected and transmitted using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
We do not process credit/debit card payments, instead we use a dedicated third-party payment portal, where information is transacted using industry-standard encryption algorithms. We do not retain card information.
JWT Sports further secures your data against theft, attack and/or inappropriate or unauthorised use by maintaining a secure network, updated hardware infrastructure, latest software, industry-standard virus protection, secure gateways and regular scheduled backups.
Disclosure of your personal information
Petriva Ltd T/A JWT Sports may share your Personal Information (only if/when strictly necessary) with the following parties:
- Third-party suppliers and service providers in order to fulfil services requested, such as airlines, hotels, cruise lines, tour operators, car rental companies and other
- Third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information; or about whom you have consented to and/or are explicitly notified about
- Appropriate parties if/when requested by law
- Appropriate parties in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities, to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of JWT Sports, our clients or others; in accordance with our terms and conditions and other agreements
- Appropriate entities in the case of a corporate transaction, such as a sale, merger, liquidation and/or receivership
Links to third-party sites
The site may contain links and/or references to third-party websites or resources for specific purposes, such as providing additional information about a service, etc… it is worth noting practices by these websites may differ from ours. We recommend reviewing their own privacy policies if you wish to share information with these third-party sites.
We have no control over information submitted to third party websites and we are not responsible for the contents of any site we may link to at a particular time. These links are provided for informational purposes only, as a courtesy, and the inclusion of a link does not imply an endorsement or referral of the linked site by Petriva Ltd T/A JWT Sports unless clearly specified.
JWT Sports does not sell travel products or services to children and this site is not intended to be used for people under the age of 18.
In those cases where minors are travelling, parents or guardians must give consent to the group leader to share Personal Information for those travelling. This information is used for the agreed travel purposes only and treated with the utmost sensitivity. It is the responsibility of the group leader to collect this information and share with the JWT Sports team in order to facilitate travel arrangements.
Under GDPR legislation, you have the right to access, rectify and/or erase your data once is no longer required.
If you would like us to correct or update any of your personal details, please contact the team in writing either by email or post and we will update your information within a reasonable timeframe.