THINGS TO DO ON THE CAMINO FRANCES
There are many wonderful things to see, eat and admire along the Camino Frances route of the Camino de Santiago, these are some of our tips:
- Meet pilgrims from all over the world
- Feel the history of the trail’s beautiful towns and cities along the trail
- Step back in time admiring buildings such as the Templars Castle in Ponferrada
- Taste the local food specialities of each region
- Stop to enjoy the views at least once a day
- Stamp your pilgrim passport and get your Compostela certificate in Santiago
Read our latest articles, interesting stories and Camino de Santiago travel tips and advice on our TRAVEL BLOG.
CAMINO FRANCES TOURS
We have many options for you to experience the famous Camino Frances route, whether you have a few days or several weeks at your disposal.
While it takes approximately five weeks to complete the full Camino Frances route, many pilgrims decide to walk the last section from Sarria, start their walk from different points along the route or even walk different stretches each year.
The market town of Sarria, in the region of Galicia and just over 100kms away from Santiago, is the pilgrims’ favourite starting point as this is the distance required for walkers to obtain their ‘Compostela’ pilgrim certificate.
Our suggested tours will give you some travel ideas but these are flexible and can be adapted to your travel preferences. Talk to our experts so we can create the perfect Camino itinerary for you and make it a truly unforgettable experience.
Fill in this form to let us know the Camino you have in mind and request a call back or an email with travel suggestions. Sign up to the JWT newsletter to be the first one to receive tips, special offers and information about new tours by email.